Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Know what people do!

I guess this has been up before. But it was so obvious today.

I got a demo submission from an artist wanting me to spread her music and get her gigs. That is two different roles in the industry. And really none is my thing. Sure I book thing here and there because I have to. But I rather see someone really good doing that.
Spread the music, yes a PR firm but same here yes I do some because I have too. But it's not what I'm really working with.

In this case, it was a 14-year-old girl. And in that age, you don't see the difference it's understandble and I'm more impressed that she has sought around and had a huge drive to want to work with music. So I actually went in and checked her stuff out and put in some likes and good feedback.

Then an hour later I got a new mail from another person.
- I have this really cool band that needs to be heard and get gigs! Can you help?

And here it a rock band with 30-year-old guys doing the same mistake. In fact, the 14-year-old girl had done more than this band in her career.

It's not like just going out there and book gigs or getting your music played. It's a real struggle. So the expectations are a bit too high in many cases that we could perform some sort of miracle. And this is all over the place even a major label can't just do it like that. It's equally hard for them. It's all hard work, more hard work than you imagine.




Get these blogs updates straight to your mail.
Enter your email address:


No comments:

Post a Comment