Thursday, June 14, 2018

Ready to give up?

My language is not perfect in the blog. I know that. And people correct me with the errors which I'm really grateful for.  Thank you all for doing it. That is really great.

A friend of mine thought that I should put down the blog since my message could be misinterpreted, switch to Swedish since I know that much better. Or just write slowly so I could correct things not just using different spelling programs. No, then I don't learn anything.
I write like I speak and that can be hard to read (and yes I speak too much as well). Sometimes I need to rethink what I have to say to be readable. But I rather put out a message that is misinterpreted then saying nothing at all. I can at least explain. and it's not really easier when you do it on a small mobile phone.

I bump into this when I work with artists, they want to be perfect. They sit on things until it's too late just to get everything perfect. Sure if you do a really big masterpiece you might do that. I don't know how many years Da Vinci did Mona Lisa but it was a quite many as I understood. In this case, I think I win more on to get things out fast. And if you do that it will not always be perfect it is still content.

And yes your first song will not be perfect, and your latest video could be worked on more. Does the audience really care? If they mind then they are not your audience anyway. When you are talented enough they come back. In the meantime don't give up, people accept more errors then you think.

PERSONAL:
I was in a negotiation of a new contract. I'm really thrilled I really like this new band. But there is, of course, a backside. This artist is a bit bigger and is more demanding. I like the challenge and it would be really fun. The work will take its toll and if it all goes through we have to drop some of our smaller acts. I guess it's part of the process still it's never fun to ditch things.

ARTISTS:
We got The Magnettes into a TV-serie, probably by mistake but hey, we have to solve that one out.


No comments:

Post a Comment