Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Don't trust old people

I usually say don’t trust people over 40 in the music industry they are to old (yes it’s include myself). And don’t trust anyone under 30, they are too young and not experienced.

I just got a call from a friend that shops a band and the band has just got a publisher that I know that is older than oldest. He’s only claim to fame is a Eurovision song from the 80:s. Now my friend got these really strange requests around the contract. Things that really matters in the 80:s. this guy also got sacked from his last publishing, just for the sake that he didn’t keep up with the new rules and numbers.

The sad part here is that the band will be fooled and the opportunity that raised will really get lost. These old farts should come with warning tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment