Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Failed projects

Since I'm on SXSW this week I see a lot of hopeless projects showing off in the Texas sun.

One of my favorite things is to be at the booth where companies are showcasing new ideas. I usually go around and collect t-shirts from companies that have a 99% fail rate. I usually come from there with quite many T-shirts. My favorite one the past years is Gloumper. An app that was quite the same as Instagram but had a few more filters. Or the company that built an app that you can hum your tune to the app and the publishes it online.

First, you can use the recorder. Second, why would I want other people to hear my humming? I can understand you want to have it to remember something to write on, but not give it to the rest of the world. Third, what was this company business model? Of course, they didn't know. I took my t-shirt and just added to my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment