Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Clouded judgment!

Music taste, what is it? Really I have just been through a lot of bands applying for different things. To my help, I have several people with different music taste. Sure you have some preferences what you like and don't like but you have to set these aside when it comes to going through applications. If it is for a festival, just because you don't like jazz music doesn't mean that the audience will think the same and love jazz music. If it is to work with an artist, just because they do cheesy music doesn't' mean you should not work with it.

That seems pretty clear, doesn't it? Well, it's not clear when you are out there working I will tell you that. The whole day has been a long race with people that can't make these differences. Their personal taste has taken over and clouds the judgment what is really best in the situation.

Right now I think about myself and hope that I'm not in the same way. I guess it's hard to see it when you are in the middle of the whole thing. I try to be as open as possible in most cases, but I guess I'm clouded as well.

At least I have found out one thing and that is that the artist applying is not making it easy for these people to make a decision. Instead of getting the right stuff to the audience they tend to give whatever they think is cool themselves.

So music taste, what is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment