Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Changing opinions

I was at a mini-festival here in Sweden not long ago. I meet an artist that is nowadays is working a bit in the industry with an event. One of the band s I wanted to see was a band I have been helping out for a long time. It's just friends but I have helped them with stuff and advice from time to time.

When I started to help them we wanted to get into my artist friends event. I bumped into him on an industry event in Stockholm and gave him the suggestion to add this band to his event that he had later that year.

- No, they are not good enough, they are really lousy. Never become anything. Would never enter them on my stage. Was the answer I got. I countered with that that is just an opinion many people like them and they have the backup with quite many good people from the industry. But no.

I later that year got them on to a much bigger event then my friends and from on there, their career went straight up and now they are one of the more shining stars of newcomers.

So here three years later we are on this min-festival. My friend goes up on stage and presenting the bands. To my surprise, he uses so many superlative words around the band. In the end, he reveals that he is inviting them to his event later this year.

Suddenly they are not that bad. Of course, if I confronted him he will just say that the band has developed and he didn't see that back then. In fact sure they have developed but part of your job is to see that the band can develop and see the potential in it.

So suddenly he is going around and telling everybody how he discovered them. In fact, he was doing nothing and just jumped the train when it was in movement.




Get these blogs updates straight to your mail.
Enter your email address:


No comments:

Post a Comment