Wednesday, April 24, 2019

It's just one opinion

I talked to one of my artists that was a bit jaded over a review that wasn't that good. With the new digital age, bad reviews have become more and rarer. Mainly because if you as a blog write a bad review you can get the whole fanbase of that artist making your life miserable. The new approach is just to write about stuff that you like and write a good review about. Or in the lazy cases the things where you just provide that the song is out there.

At the same time do we need it? I mean today I can just go in there and hear the song for my self. Is it good or not in my ears? Maybe it's just enough with people telling what songs they found great and post?

I'm not that sure. Before there were music journalists. Today it's some random dude that just put a blog up that claims to be a critic. Rather they only make a good post on bands they already like and have opinions that really don't match with anything. Do I care what John, forty years old and is grown up on 90:s punk music thinks of Arian Grande? Really no, and I guess the bloggers know that so they mainly just post good things on artists with strong stories that will break soon.

Sure a bit like my Blog, a random dude saying anything. Okey, I prove myself in the Vlog to at least attend and speak on big music events. And I give some bad reviews on everything from time to time.

Still when I send in things through Submithub to different of these dudes you always get such weird feedback. Yes you pay so they should get your feedback, and after listening to music that you probably think is crappy you get a bit cynical and just write something. I get it.

So tada! I will post these here as extras when I find them. Of course not out them, I'm impressed how they can keep up with all shit they get. Some are too good to miss out on.

My first one is this:

Decline: sounds a little bit like Christian rock to me. Very easy listening.

From a blog in Austin, Texas. The mother of all Christian Rock is in Texas. I guess this dude goes in a church just battering with bad language.







Get these blogs updates straight to your mail.
Enter your email address:


No comments:

Post a Comment