Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Take the decision!

I feel more and more that people are afraid to make decisions. Playing with all doors open and a big fear of Fomo (fear of missing out). In the end, there are no commitments done and everything is kind of lose and really nothing happens.

Yes, it can be scary to get along a path but not taking decisions and just float around is maybe easier but doesn't lead anywhere.

And all paths can be altered and lead to a lot of new places.

I also feel that people want me to have all the answers to impossible questions to be able to take these decisions. It feels like being a fortune teller with an all success guaranteed attach to you.

People are more and more insecure. Has it always been this way or is it coming along recently?

In the end, it's better to do a bad decision to learn from then no decision at all.

PERSONAL:
No, I don't play an instrument. And with that, I'm kind of unusual in the business. Most people working on the administration side is usually failed, musicians. I won't lie that I'm a failed one too, it's just that I failed so early it won't count.
In reality, I got it pretty clear that people liked to have me in their bands since I was good shuffling papers and getting things done. But playing was just a necessary evil to have me. I got the point and got myself a degree as a recording engineer. Same here I know the technical skills, but I'm not good on sounds or the knowledge how to get to them. I was good hearing when a song is good and have potential to be marked. And I became obsessed with that for the past 20 years. And I still don't know how to tune a guitar, but I can easily say if your recording will work or not. Even more, I can see if your setup will hold for something bigger.


1 comment: